Glossary of key terms to do with index, electronics and the ecosystem around pick and place machines.
- Acronym for Automatic Optical Inspection.
Automatic optical inspection
- Computer vision inspection process to check for any issues after reflow.
- Acronym for Contract Manufacturer.
- The open source pick and place machine for creating populated circuit boards on a mid-level manufacturing scale.
- A term used to describe the step between small-scale and large-scale manufacturing where the amounts of products you are making doesn’t justify going to a contract manufacturer.
- Acronym for Open Source Hardware.
- Acronym for Open Source Software.
Pick and place machine
- A machine that can programatically place components onto a circuit board in an automated fashion.
- Acronym for Pick and Place.
- Acronym for Printed Circuit Board.
Printed circuit board
- A board which uses certain techniques for components to be spaced closer together and more easily manufactured.
- Acronym for Surface Mount Device.